Re: [TowerTalk] March QST cover

To: "'Herbert Schoenbohm'" <herbert.schoenbohm@gmail.com>, <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] March QST cover
From: "Keith Dutson" <kdutson@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Tue, 28 Feb 2017 09:54:34 -0600
I am always scared when I climb my tower.  I trained as a fire fighter and
learned that a fall from 50 feet or higher is almost always fatal.  I still
use only a nylon belt and two gorilla clips to be sure I am 100 percent
connected at all times.  Now, at age 75, I am thinking about a full harness
with fall arrest lanyard.

I hired a climber last year to put up a star guy mount at 140 feet.  He is
young, and a professional.  He was up there in about one minute, attached a
haul rope with pulley, then repelled down in about 10 seconds to get set up
for hardware raising.  Maybe I should stop climbing an let him do all work
in the future.

73, Keith NM5G