Re: [TowerTalk] radials 160

To: Hardy Landskov <n7rt@cox.net>, "'StellarCAT'" <rxdesign@ssvecnet.com>, w5prchuck@gmail.com, "'Herb Krumich via TowerTalk'" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] radials 160
From: "Richard (Rick) Karlquist" <richard@karlquist.com>
Date: Tue, 7 Mar 2017 09:28:16 -0800
On 3/7/2017 6:25 AM, Hardy Landskov wrote:
Sunbelt Rentals in Orlando, FL  rents an EZTrench that digs the hole, lays the
coax and then covers it back up. I don't know what it costs. My problem is
trying to get it here since it's 70 miles away.
Hardy N7RT

Although Sunbelt Rentals has some west coast locations,
none of them rent EZTrench.  When I called to ask about
it, I got an attitude like "nobody needs them".
As far as buying one:  they are 1000's of dollars.

Now that N6LF has published his elevated radial tests,
I have decided to go with elevated radials for all
future antennas.  I am convinced that they can do
as well as on the ground ones, if properly engineered.
The plan is to use bare aluminum electric fence wire
supported by 10 foot long PVC pipes (1 1/2 inch size)
slipped over T-posts.  This works well due to the
light weight of the wire.

May not be an option for everyone due to the visual
clutter.

Rick N6RK