Re: [TowerTalk] Tri-Ex catalogs

To: "Don W7WLL" <w7wll@arrl.net>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Tri-Ex catalogs
From: "K0DAN" <k0dan@comcast.net>
Date: Sat, 18 Mar 2017 13:44:58 -0500
No, Tri-Ex was first, around since the 60's, maybe before. There were several intermediate owners/operators before Tashjian, who pretty much bought all the mfg, designs, etc.

The towers and models are "almost" identical, which is to say Tash has made modifications & improvements over the years, so there are subtle differences, the designs have evolved, but you need to look closely to find the changes.

I have a circa-1970 LM-470D which is definitely a Tri-Ex. I obtained it from a SK estate and refurbished & installed it in the late 1990's. I have some Tri-Ex catalog and data sheets from the period, as well as a hard-copy Tri-Ex manual plus a thick notebook of installation data, etc. Regret that it is not in digital format, and scanning it all is beyond my available time & motivation.

A friend of mine installed a new Tash LM470 a few years ago, and it is surprisingly similar to mine.

I can't address your BAMA questions.

73
dan
k0dan