Re: [TowerTalk] Mosley S-402

To: TowerTalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Mosley S-402
From: "john@kk9a.com" <john@kk9a.com>
Date: Tue, 28 Mar 2017 06:34:34 -0400
I have no personal experience with Mosley. It is not necessary to insulate
the parasitic elements however doing so makes calculating the lengths much
easier as there is no boom/bracket compensation.  Also the boom resonance
is easier to calculate should you have multiple antennas in various
directions. Direct mounting will likely require some tip length changes.
You can purchase insulating material at McMaster Carr and other places
should you wish to fabricate new heavier duty insulators or you can use
Stauff clamps or possibly DX Engineering element brackets.

John KK9A