[TowerTalk] Rohn 25 & Mast lingth

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] Rohn 25 & Mast lingth
From: Clifton Keely via TowerTalk <towertalk@contesting.com>
Date: Mon, 17 Apr 2017 13:54:16 -0700
I am in the process of erecting a Rohn 25G to 30 feet with a house bracket.  My
question is how long should the mast be within the tower?  I have a thrust
bearing top plate and a good rotor for the load, but should the mast extend 2
feet below the top plate or 6 or 8 or 12 feet.  Would there be a real advantage
to letting the mast go below the next tower joint down (10 ft).  DX sells a
high budget mast they they won’t cut, it is 22 feet long.  I don’t think I want
to have a mid sized triband 10 or 12 feet above the top plate/thrust bearing.
My plan is to place the antenna at about 5 feet above the top plate/bearing
Speak to me someone who knows. Please.  All advice greatly appreciated.  Clif
AA6FE.