Re: [TowerTalk] Rohn 25 & Mast lingth

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Rohn 25 & Mast lingth
From: Wes Stewart <wes_n7ws@triconet.org>
Date: Mon, 17 Apr 2017 15:05:13 -0700
I think three feet or so would do. I have a Rohn 45 with a tapered top section w/thrust bearing. I put the rotor down three rungs (~4') and use a 10' 1/4" wall DOM steel mast.

I bought the mast material from Industrial Metal Supply which operates in the SW. You probably have something similar in your area. They have no heartburn about cutting to length.

Wes  N7WS