Re: [TowerTalk] Rebar or no rebar

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Rebar or no rebar
From: <john@kk9a.com>
Date: Sun, 14 May 2017 23:06:36 -0400
The steel legs go pretty deep into the concrete. I put a minimal rebar cage
around the perimeter of the 30" base that I installed. On the smaller towers
I do not recall doing anything. My new sections came with zinc plated bolts
which corroded rapidly inside the tower.  This is very dangerous because you
cannot see that the bolt diameter has decayed so badly until it breaks and
falls out.  If Universal still supplies this hardware, I would not use it.

John KK9A