Re: [TowerTalk] OT - Tri-band Coupled Resonator Antenna Design

To: towertalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] OT - Tri-band Coupled Resonator Antenna Design
From: Clay Autery <cautery@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 3 Jun 2017 02:18:00 -0500
Besides avoiding the inflexibility of the GP-15 design, et al., I am
hoping to capitalize on a few features:

Balanced design, so if I absolutely wanted to, I could feed it with
twinlead, ladder, or open wire... probably won't, but can.
It's light and relatively short, even without using tricks to shorten
the 6m driven element.
I can hang it off the side of my tower or the mast I use for the shack
corner of my 80 m loop up to about 30 or so feet up using a
non-conductive arm.

And again, it's a partly academic/practical exercise to gain design skills.

73,

Clay Autery, KY5G
MONTAC Enterprises
(318) 518-1389