Re: [TowerTalk] Field Day

To: Herb Krumich <wa2fgk@yahoo.com>, towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Field Day
From: "Richard (Rick) Karlquist" <richard@karlquist.com>
Date: Thu, 29 Jun 2017 15:07:58 -0700
We had an unusual case of QRM this year at W6ARA.  I was
operating the 20 meter CW station and the VHF guys told
me I was wiping out 2 meters.  I immediately suspected
we had a loose connection in the Yagi.  Sure enough, we
lowered it and found that the gamma match had not been
tightened enough.  We tightened it up and had no QRM
the rest of the weekend.  The 20 meter phone station
was something like 500 feet away, and we never had any
problem with it (after fixing the Yagi).

Rick N6RK