Re: [TowerTalk] Screws for T2X tewrminal board

To: Dave Thompson <thompson@mindspring.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Screws for T2X tewrminal board
From: John Simmons <jasimmons@pinewooddata.com>
Date: Thu, 29 Jun 2017 17:19:07 -0500
Buy the longer screws and cut them. The hardware store will have a screw cutter that looks like a crimper that will do the job well. Buy extra screws in case you cut them too short.

73,
-John NI0K

Dave Thompson <mailto:thompson@mindspring.com>
Thursday, June 29, 2017 4:23 PM
I have two manuals one as CDE and the last as Hy-Gain (not MFJ). 7 of the 8 screws are OK but (stainless Phillips head) but one is a non stainless flat head. I went to Ace hardware and the owner knew what type of screw it is (8-32 left twist thread) but he says they are rare. I hate to use a rusty screw but It looks Ok after spraying with Pre-Lub 6. Does anyone know where I can get at least 8 or more flat head stainless screws. The ones Ace stocks are too long and he was not sure he could order them.

These are the screws in the terminal strip part 51465-10) that you attach the rotor cable or quick connect.

Thanks in advance.

73 Dave K4JRB