Re: [TowerTalk] Saddle clamps (muffler clamps)

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Saddle clamps (muffler clamps)
From: <john@kk9a.com>
Date: Sun, 2 Jul 2017 12:20:50 -0400
It appears that DX Engineering upgraded the u-bolts after buying the
product.  As I recall I could barely clamp a 5/16 plate to my Rohn 55 tower
and that was with no lock washer.

John KK9A

To:     towertalk <towertalk@contesting.com>
From:   Steve Maki <lists@oakcom.org>
Date:   Sat, 1 Jul 2017 17:46:48 -0400

The current 2" and 3" versions (with 3/8" u-bolts) have plenty of u-bolt
length - I suspect the other sizes do as well, but I've only got the 2's and
3's in front of me.

The 2" has 1.5" of bolt thread showing past the saddle when mounted on a 2"
OD tube. The 3" has 1.25" of thread showing when on a 3" OD tube.

-Steve K8LX