Re: [TowerTalk] Galling and seizing of SS nuts to SS threaded

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Galling and seizing of SS nuts to SS threaded
From: "Roger (K8RI) on TT" <K8RI-on-TowerTalk@tm.net>
Date: Mon, 3 Jul 2017 20:22:50 -0400
I have used both Latex and Vinyl gloves (available in medical supply stores)
Some people are allergic to latex. These gloves are thin and fragile and also somewhat porous to many chemicals. Vinyl is easily dissolved in Acetone and some paint thinners. Latex worked great with Vinyl Ester epoxy but it went through Vinyl gloves like they weren't even there

I prefer Latex, but for me with a left hand that is only partially useful they can be difficult to get on. Baby powder makes them much easier to get on. I also prefer Vinyl Ester over regular epoxies for making repairs and fiberglass parts, BUT it has a very short shelf life. Keep refrigerated when not using. It will set up solid, in 6 mo to a year at 72F

73, Roger (K8RI)