Re: [TowerTalk] Galling and seizing of SS nuts to SS threaded

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Galling and seizing of SS nuts to SS threaded
From: "john@kk9a.com" <john@kk9a.com>
Date: Wed, 5 Jul 2017 14:39:16 -0400
I have used blue Loctite 242 with smaller stainless steel screws on
antennas and I have had no galling issues.  I have not tried it on larger
boom u-bolts.  One concern, especially if you are on the tower, would be
installing all of the u-bolts and evenly tightening them before the
Loctite sets in the hot sun.

John KK9A