Re: [TowerTalk] 160M inv L too close to yagi ?

To: <TowerTalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] 160M inv L too close to yagi ?
From: Fernando González, EC1CT <ec1ct@esbesaya.com>
Date: Sun, 16 Jul 2017 10:18:10 +0200

I am planning on putting up a 160M inv L. The horizontal leg will attach to asupport off the side of the tower about 80 feet high. I have a 40 meter 2 el yagi on the tower mast which will be about 6 feet above the inv L leg going out from the tower.The inv inverted L horizontal leg will slope down approx 20 degrees.
Do you think I will have problems with interaction between the 40M yagi
and the inv L  with this arrangement ?
Maybe if I rotated the 40M yagi so it is at right angles to the inv L wire when Ioperate on 160 would help prevent any intereaction ?

BobK6UJ

Bob,
I did have interaction between my inverted L and my 40 yagi which is 5 ft over it. It was specially noticeable when the elements of the yagi were parallel to the horizontal portion of the L. I partially solved the situation by lowering the L and now is sitting 10 ft below the yagi. Slightly performance on TB but no more interaction problems. 73s
Fernando EC1CT - KD0IGJ
ec1ct@esbesaya.com