[TowerTalk] Coax Cable choices

To: "towertalk@contesting.com" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Coax Cable choices
From: Richard Smith <n6kt1@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Fri, 18 Aug 2017 18:16:30 +0000 (UTC)
It's been a while (maybe 10 years) since I have purchased coax. I have
purchased RG-213, LM-400, and RG-8x in the past. For a new station build, I am
interested in acquiring some RG-8 (generic size) coax. I see that DX
Engineering has a new 400MAX coax offering, which is described attractively on
their website. RG-8 size coax will probably be used for short runs (antennas to
stackmatching boxes) and also for some long runs (shack to antenna, maybe 200
foot runs).

The station will be on a Caribbean island. Dilligent attempts will be made to
seal connections very well. I believe coax runs will be above-ground. Some
antennas will rotate.

I realize this question may be too generic, but what might folks here on
Towertalk recommend for these applications?
Thanks and 73,
Rich, N6KT