Re: [TowerTalk] A dumb question

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] A dumb question
From: "Roger (K8RI) on TT" <K8RI-on-TowerTalk@tm.net>
Date: Mon, 28 Aug 2017 00:59:42 -0400
Direct burial is direct burial. It's a PITA to work with (install connectors), but the space between the dielectric and jacket is jell filled. BuryFlex has a tough and slippery jacket. Technically it's not DB but can be used that way if it doesn't need protection.

How long is your run? Is it long enough to justify a larger coax for HF?
Conduit is good and water doesn't necessarily end up collecting in the low spots. If you install Ts in the low spots, make them critter proof. When I used 5" sewer pipe. I capped the Ts and put a series of small holes in the caps. http://www.rogerhalstead.com/ham_files/tower42.htm

http://www.rogerhalstead.com/ham_files/cablebox.htm is another approach where both ends of the conduit are outside. I've had no water problems with these...so far.

73, Roger (K8RI)