Re: [TowerTalk] A dumb question

To: N4ZR <n4zr@comcast.net>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] A dumb question
From: Dick's <rcblumen@centurylink.net>
Date: Sun, 27 Aug 2017 08:32:09 -0400
I'm going to be laying my coax soon to my tower in NC. I plan to NOT put it in
PVC conduit once it goes below ground. I've read that condensate in pipe will
eventually cause it to fill with water and direct burial is not designed for
total immersion. I plan to dig a shallow trench maybe 6-8" down, put a thin
layer of sand in the trench, tie wrap the coaxes to a 1x3 plastic trim board
and place into trench with the board up. At that point, I will cover with more
sand and then finally soil. The board will protect the coaxes.

Dick, K0CAT
---------