Re: [TowerTalk] CM Choke Cookbook

To: jim@audiosystemsgroup.com, towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] CM Choke Cookbook
From: Grant Saviers <grants2@pacbell.net>
Date: Fri, 22 Sep 2017 16:01:28 -0700
I've made 20+ with RG142 using the "cookbook" smaller coax turns and core counts, 160 to 10. Measured with my VNWA the L & R values are near the expected. The TFE is UV resistant and some chokes are in PVC junction boxes and some not. At 6m the RG142 is at its QRO limit, below that it is fine QRO+. My 142 is the double braid silver plated version, it comes both ways with the same obsolete RG unless it is MIL marked as mine is.

Grant KZ1W