Re: [TowerTalk] 40M rotary dipole and CM current

To: Patrick Greenlee <patrick_g@windstream.net>, towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] 40M rotary dipole and CM current
From: Grant Saviers <grants2@pacbell.net>
Date: Sat, 23 Sep 2017 15:20:37 -0700
Yes, D-104 lip zaps were so much joy. 3rd floor attic shack, Viking Valiant 200w AM transmitter, random length end fed long wire. Ground? We got no stinking ground! A death grip was needed on the D-104 PTT lever. Long before ANY digital stuff in the house, otherwise all of it would have been lit up. However, the blue arc haze around the Heathkit air core balun was a fun to observe when the SWR really got nasty.

Grant KZ1W