[TowerTalk] Overlapping radial fields

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] Overlapping radial fields
From: Natan Huffman <natan1945@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 26 Sep 2017 12:50:33 +0000
Can anyone refer me to articles in journals that discuss the performance of
quarter wave verticals installed with quarter wave radials that overlap?
Have not located anything in my “library” of publications about this
subject.  My station has both the 80 meter and 160 meter antennas sharing
the same radial space for about one third of the radial field.  Both
antennas have 60 quarter wave radials for each band and subjective results
have been very good.  Would like to read about any compromises in
performance caused by the overlap.

Both antennas have the expected VSWR and are fed through a ferrite balun.

Thank you,

Natan W6XR
Ithaca, NY