Re: [TowerTalk] CM Choke

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] CM Choke
From: Jim Brown <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Wed, 11 Oct 2017 11:04:46 -0700
On 10/11/2017 6:46 AM, Wes Stewart wrote:
With a decent vector network analyzer, the ports are already well-known (50 Ohm) terminations.  If the round robin you mention was in the July 2007 time frame then I was a party and measured the device using both my N2PK VNA and a Boonton RX meter.  I have pictures of the setups, but alas can't find the data.  I got some feedback that you said of my measurements, that they were "dead nuts on." :-)

Hi Wes,

Yes, that's the round robin I was referring to. Although my memory of it was that the Boonton data was spot on, while other data was not. But since you did it, I'll trust your memory over mine. :)

If your VNA data did closely match the Boonton data, we should talk off list about your setup of the N2PK VNA, which is well known to be a fine unit.  I certainly would like a method I can trust that is a lot less work than the voltage divider method.

73, Jim