Re: [TowerTalk] CM Choke

To: "Richard (Rick) Karlquist" <richard@karlquist.com>, Wes Stewart <wes_n7ws@triconet.org>, "towertalk@contesting.com" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] CM Choke
From: Máximo EA1DDO_HK1H <ea1ddo@hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 13 Oct 2017 16:52:50 +0000
Beginner question;

My Anritsu VNA has the option to save in the memory a trace and then it can
perform basic trace maths (minus, plus, etc).

What if...  I do the full S21 two ports SOL calibration, then, still with the
testing fixture connected I connect TX to Rx ports (short) and I save that
trace.

The trace should be very close to a flat line but it will take into account any
testing fixture effects (stray capacitances, alligators, etc).

Finally, I can measure the choke and apply "New trace minus trace in memory".

Is that worth in this case?

Thanks

73, Maximo