Re: [TowerTalk] Getting a stuck wire antenna out of a tree

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Getting a stuck wire antenna out of a tree
From: Larry <lknain@nc.rr.com>
Date: Tue, 24 Oct 2017 22:51:54 -0400
Bob suggested I post the following for those that might not have thought about using a ladder against a tree.

I use a relatively cheap cargo strap with a ratchet to secure the top of the ladder to a tree. One end of the strap hooked to the say the ladder left leg and the strap under the top rung usually and around the tree and the other end of the strap hooked to other (right) leg of the ladder and then ratchet it down so the top of the ladder doesn't move and can't slip down the tree. The strap will be sort of an X on the ladder side of the tree. Depending on what I am doing I often use a climbing harness with a belt around the tree to stabilize me.

FWIW

73, Larry  W6NWS