Re: [TowerTalk] Turn 80m dipole inv v into something for 30m

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Turn 80m dipole inv v into something for 30m
From: Jim Brown <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Sat, 28 Oct 2017 10:26:44 -0700
On 10/28/2017 9:13 AM, W0MU Mike Fatchett wrote:
It is close to 3/4 wavelengths on each side which might be ok but the match is going to be bad.

My high 80M dipole is fed with 160 ft or so of a good RG11, but even with that great coax, there's far too much loss in the coax for the antenna to play well.

It might just be easier to toss up an 1/2 wave V and not worry about the 80m.

Since I have the trees, I had the climbers rig 30M dipoles when they were in trees for another reason.

Suggestions or comments welcome!

How low are the ends? If I recall correctly from when I modeled the 80 dipole on 30, it was a bit short, so switching in some inductive loading near the low ends of the V might do the trick.

73, Jim K9YC