Re: [TowerTalk] Alternate method of setting guy tension

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Alternate method of setting guy tension
From: John Fickes <kc0bmf@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 23 Nov 2017 19:56:50 -0600
​ You use the hook on the fish scale to pull the cable towards the nail set
back 1/2". When the cable touches the nail set back 1/2" read how many
pounds the fish scale reads at take that times 20 = lbs of tension on the
cable.
 As far as how many hands to operate, I left out a trick to use only 1
hand. Take another board 2' long or so and attach in the middle of the 42"
long board as to make a T shape. Then rest the 2' or so board against your
waist so when you are pulling the cable towards the nail set back 1/2" you
are pulling against yourself and you only need 1 hand. I know I probably
haven't described this very well ​so I found this link to maybe give you a
better understanding of what I'm trying to say. It also has a picture
except for the short board for 1 hand use.

Granted it should be tested against a known measurement for accuracy

http://www1.foragebeef.ca/$Foragebeef/frgebeef.nsf/all/frg35/$FILE/asimplewiretensionmeter.pdf

  73 John W0JW