[TowerTalk] guage of wire for 500 watt antenna?

To: "towertalk@contesting.com" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] guage of wire for 500 watt antenna?
From: Gary Slagel via TowerTalk <towertalk@contesting.com>
Date: Sat, 2 Dec 2017 22:00:59 +0000 (UTC)

I'm hoping to get to Belize to work ARRL DX CW contest this year and I'd like
to take my Elecraft KPA500/KAT500 and operate 500 watts. I will be at a friends
house and not next to the ocean so I'm thinking of getting a doublet up in the
air as far as I can on a fiberglass pole, feeding with 450 ohm ribbon and
tuning it on 10 thru 40 and maybe 80M.
The fiberglass pole won't take too much weight so I'd like to go as small as I
can on the wire.   Any suggestions or input?
Thanks, Gary KT0A