Re: [TowerTalk] Measuring Common Mode Choke with Anritsu VNA

To: ea1ddo@hotmail.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Measuring Common Mode Choke with Anritsu VNA
From: Gary Johnson <gwj@wb9jps.com>
Date: Sun, 31 Dec 2017 09:21:20 -0800
Hi Maximo,

The calculation you need in order to produce series impedance is this:

Z = 100*(1-S21)/S21

Note that these are all complex values. If your VNA has built-in math
capability, use that. Otherwise export S21 and do the calculation in Excel.  Be
sure to check your calculation by measuring something simple like resistors and
maybe a known inductor. Measuring high-value resistors will also demonstrate
the limitations of your test setup.

-Gary NA6O