Re: [TowerTalk] Trenching & PVC

To: w1pdi@aol.com, towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Trenching & PVC
From: Grant Saviers <grants2@pacbell.net>
Date: Sun, 28 Jan 2018 20:06:02 -0800
"Sharp and sweeping" turns are a bit confusing as to actual possible radii of the turn. For 125' run a two 90 deg large radius (36") sweeps of 3" conduit all should be ok for 4 RG8 size coax and rotator cable. If you are using hardline probably not. Buryflex would be my choice, flexible and tough and PE (polyethylene) for water resistance. Use a PE sheathed rotator cable

NO DRAIN HOLES! Use sch 40 PVC 3" conduit as designed, trench, glue it all up, drop into the trench, cover, measure with conduit measuring tape and pull everything together with pull or mule flat tape or braided rope (not 3 strand) and liberally applied pulling lube.

Lot's more if you search the TT archives.

Grant KZ1W