Re: [TowerTalk] Pulling coax through PVC pipe

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Pulling coax through PVC pipe
From: Grant Saviers <grants2@pacbell.net>
Date: Sun, 28 Jan 2018 20:28:51 -0800
I've found enough residual moisture or condensation in buried conduits that it helped the removal of lots of LDF4 and LDF5 Heliax. Or run some water thru the conduit. There is also pull lubricant with TFE additives.

A practical choice for 120v power is to drop a UF cable in the same trench below the conduit to give it protection from digging. However, I think formal code compliance requires vertical separation low voltage (12" deep ok) vs AC power PVC conduits 18" deep)
http://www.dslreports.com/forum/r20505456-What-is-the-NEC-code-for-low-voltage-cable-burial

I've also learned the hard way that the edge of PVC conduit can easily strip the coax insulation where feeding it in. Best to glue an end bell on the ends.
https://www.google.com/search?q=pvc+conduit+end+bell&tbm=isch&source=iu&ictx=1&fir=i3JXNu1_g0OzeM%253A%252CkvgjHlN6OlDZzM%252C_&usg=__yH6-LVbtL3J1I4YrC9c29Z0NS9I%3D&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwj2r_XIqfzYAhVH4WMKHXjmCNkQ9QEIYzAD#imgrc=i3JXNu1_g0OzeM:

Grant KZ1W