Re: [TowerTalk] Planning for the next move...

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Planning for the next move...
From: Jim Brown <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Thu, 8 Feb 2018 13:30:59 -0800
Yes.

Since I started this, the thread has gone round and round. My point, which may have been lost, is that buying a home is one of the most financially significant things we do, and finding out year or two later that we overlooked something critical can be VERY costly to fix. In the business world, doing your homework is called "due diligence." When a bad decision can cost hundreds of thousands of dollars, it's crazy not to do that homework.

We should not expect a real estate agent to KNOW all the intricacies of local laws, especially about something as specialized as ham antennas. And while many (most?) people try to be honest, some are not, and many don't know what they don't know. And then there's mendacity. If you've never run into any of these conditions, either you've led a very sheltered life or you're ignorant of your surroundings. :)  There's an old saying among news reporters and editors -- "If your mother says she loves you, check it out!"

73, Jim K9YC