Re: [TowerTalk] Good Fastener Practice

To: TowerTalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Good Fastener Practice
From: "john@kk9a.com" <john@kk9a.com>
Date: Thu, 22 Feb 2018 06:57:38 -0500
Since you are probably bolting against a soft aluminum plate, I would also
use a flat washer. Of course there is always the debate that split washers
to not work but I use them anyway. I believe Force12 used steel muffler
clamps for mounting the boom to the plate on most of their antennas. On my
portable C3S I replaced them with stainless steel muffler clamps from
Summit Racing and used the original mounting plate.

John KK9A