Re: [TowerTalk] Putting up wire antennas with a drone?

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Putting up wire antennas with a drone?
From: Jim Brown <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Sat, 16 Jun 2018 14:50:10 -0700
On 6/16/2018 1:56 PM, Bryan Swadener via TowerTalk wrote:
A dozen years ago, I hired a "climbing arborist" to hang a pulley in the top of
my 85' Cedar tree He passed the rope thru a piece of thick rubber hose around the tree
trunk, and pulled the antenna rope thru the pulley and down parallel to the tree trunk,
to a counterweight.

All of my high wires are rigged through pulleys by climbers. I've used several over the 12 years I've been here. The smartest has been the arborist, whom I still use when he's available. But because he's good and smart, he's also very busy. They're expensive -- the going rate is $850/day for a 6 hour day for the climber and his groundsman, and when the trees are as tall as mine are (they're climbing at least 160 ft), one tree per day is all they can accomplish.

73, Jim K9YC