Re: [TowerTalk] 5 Band Yagi with more than 2 elements per band

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] 5 Band Yagi with more than 2 elements per band
From: David Gilbert <xdavid@cis-broadband.com>
Date: Wed, 25 Jul 2018 10:00:03 -0700

Optibeam makes a couple of antennas that would do what you want ... the OB11-5 and the OB16-5.   I'm not terribly fond of the way they stack multiple elements on the same support, but if the winds in your area aren't severe they should hold up fine.  Optibeam antennas tend to be built like tanks.  I have two of them ... the OB16-3 and the OB2-40.

Their website doesn't lend itself to direct links for the individual antennas, but you can go to www.optibeam.de ... click on the English button ... click on "Antennas amateur radio" ... scroll down to the 5-banders ... then click on either the OB11-5 or the OB16-5.  The OB11-5 is probably a lot more practical if you don't need the extra 2 db per band.

If you scroll down further you'll find some interesting new log periodic antennas (including some five banders) with similar gains, but apparently longer boom lengths.  I haven't seen much feedback on those.

Expect to pay for what you get, and the freight isn't cheap either.

Take care es 73,
Dave   AB7E