Re: [TowerTalk] Ham Antenna Rotator: The Teardown

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Ham Antenna Rotator: The Teardown
From: jimlux <jimlux@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 4 Dec 2018 06:31:39 -0800
On 12/4/18 5:52 AM, Rod Greene via TowerTalk wrote:
  I confused the rotor lubrication with that of a thrust bearing. Hard to keep
track when you get older (grin). 73, and P.S. It's below 25deg F here this
morning and yesterday morning and my T2X won't turn. When it warms up, it turns
okay. It's getting old and stiff like me and doesn't like cold weather! Rod

I don't know about the thermal limits - but it might be that you can command it to turn (recognizing it's stuck) and the stalled motor or stuck brake will get warm, and soften the grease/melt the ice.