Re: [TowerTalk] Rotator Bolt Patterns

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Rotator Bolt Patterns
From: "john@kk9a.com" <john@kk9a.com>
Date: Tue, 4 Dec 2018 10:47:18 -0500
Does anyone besides Hy-Gain use brakes in their rotators? With the right
gearbox brakes are unnecessary.

John KK9A

From:   "Kenneth Goodwin" K5RG wrote:

I wonder if your inability to rotate isn't the ye ole stuck wedge brake
problem.  For example, a Green Heron controller will initially move the beam
in the wrong direction and then a few seconds later initiate the counter
rotation to the desired heading.  The T2X wedge brake sticks almost all the
time.  When I use a standard Hy-Gain controller, I will initiate releasing
the brake a few times to unstick it.  Sometimes the Green Heron's scheme
doesn't unstick the wedge brake (rare but usually after a good wind storm)
so I will plug in the old Hy-Gain controller and beat on it a few times.  I
can hear the brake release since the tower is right outside of the shack.  I
will send you under separate cover the two bolt patterns.  Ken K5RG