Re: [TowerTalk] Rotator Bolt Patterns

To: "'Raymond Benny'" <rayn6vr@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Rotator Bolt Patterns
From: "Jon Zaimes" <jz73@verizon.net>
Date: Mon, 3 Dec 2018 18:35:11 -0500
All of my Tailtwister (T2X) rotors (I have seven on seven towers, plus a
couple of spares) use a larger size mounting bolt than the Ham series. T2X
has six 5/16" - 18 bolts, 1 5/8" long (as confirmed in a manual).

Many older Rohn tower rotor plates were drilled with just four holes to
match the Ham-M mounting pattern. Newer plates have four oval holes that
will accommodate Ham-x or Yaesu rotors. And newer still added the two extra
holes for the T2X (total six). But I've seen numerous T2X installations done
on older 4-hole plates (with the two extra bolts left off -- but not what I
would recommend).

The M-Squared Orion 2800 uses a six-bolt pattern like the T2X but bolts are
3/8"-24 x 3/4" long.  A beefier rotator for sure but you may need to drill
the rotor plate holes to accommodate (T2X spec is for an 11/32" hole).

73/Jon

Jon P. Zaimes, AA1K
Tower climber for hire
http://www.aa1k.us/
Cell: 302-632-2353

Reviews of AA1K tower work on eham website:
http://www.eham.net/reviews/detail/12922

Hug your favorite tower every day, and always stay connected to it.