Re: [TowerTalk] Long Wire Sag

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Long Wire Sag
From: Ken <wa8jxm@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 12 Mar 2019 22:37:36 -0400
I see you are not capitalizing "copperweld".  Copperweld is actually a trademark and company name.  Most of what I see advertised is "copper clad steel" and I wonder if the cheap wire we buy has thinner specs than true Copperweld.  OTOH, I see that Copperweld has been acquired and is now headquartered in China, so maybe (or maybe not) capitalized Copperweld does not live up to it's old reputation.

Speaking of 70 year old Copperweld, when I was a young ham in high school (50+ years ago) I received an "antenna kit" from MARS.  It was for a rhombic and included a 5200ft roll of 3 strand #12 Copperweld.  I still have some of it left.

Ken WA8JXM