Re: [TowerTalk] Ferrites 31 vs. 77 material

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Ferrites 31 vs. 77 material
From: Jim Brown <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Sat, 2 Nov 2019 02:28:51 -0700
On 11/1/2019 6:40 PM, Roger Parsons via TowerTalk wrote:
I would imagine that processing has improved since then, but this must still be
to some extent true.

You have a vivid imagination. :) I have measured data to prove that. Also see N6RK's post. As luck would have it, I gave a talk to a Silicon Valley club tonight on a very different topic, but afterwards fielded questions about chokes from several engineers who had worked in manufacturing. When I described my work described in an earlier post about dealing with component tolerances, they nodded their heads in agreement.

My first gig after college was at Motorola, which is where I first learned that a circuit design has to work with every part that gets plugged in to the circuit board, which means that the design has to work with components with tolerances that you can and did buy.

73, Jim K9YC