Re: [TowerTalk] Ferrites 31 vs. 77 material

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Ferrites 31 vs. 77 material
From: Jim Brown <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Mon, 4 Nov 2019 12:03:05 -0800
On 11/2/2019 6:25 AM, Roger Parsons via TowerTalk wrote:
The posts from both N6RK and AB7E support my statement that variability in
ferrite parameters has been known for a very long time. You're the one who
asserted that it has just been discovered and that therefore Steve G3TXQ could
not have known about it.

Roger,

This comment smells much like an argument to me than a discussion. Yes, the variability has been known for a long time -- but mostly by those engineers working with these components in manufacturing. And because I had not been doing that kind of work, I slept through the significance of it with respect to common mode chokes, as I suspect Steve did. Indeed, my comments were specifically meant to NOT disparage his technical capability, which I respect, but simply to observe that his specific recommendations were not valid.

73, Jim K9YC