Re: [TowerTalk] Broken slingshot - need quality replacement to get anten

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Broken slingshot - need quality replacement to get antennas up in the trees
From: Jim Brown <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Wed, 13 Nov 2019 10:37:40 -0800
On 11/13/2019 10:23 AM, Bob Shohet, KQ2M wrote:
Can anyone recommend a good US based company with quality slingshots and
replacement bands made in the US?

https://www.sherrilltree.com/climbing-gear/throwlines-weights/bigshot-launchers

The club I was a member of in Chicago owned one of these, and when I moved to NorCal in 2006, I bought one. I've replaced the band once. The guys who climb my 200 ft redwoods own one too. I recommend the fishing reel and line, using that to pull up a small rope, which then pulls up the support rope.

73, Jim K9YC