Re: [TowerTalk] Fwd: Re: Need a Knot Expert

To: Charles Gallo <charlie@thegallos.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Fwd: Re: Need a Knot Expert
From: Matthew Kaufman <matthew@matthew.at>
Date: Sun, 1 Dec 2019 09:40:55 -0800
Yes, if you’re sure you always want a loop, the eye splice is even stronger
and cleaner. But they’re not nearly as easy to do properly in modern rope
as they were in the past.

Inspecting a figure-8 on the end of a nylon/nylon static line can be done
by anyone on a dark rainy night. With the eye splice you just have to trust
it was done properly (which means having a pro shop do it and apply
appropriate tags, where I am)

Matthew Kaufnan