Re: [TowerTalk] Orion 2800 Rotator Cable Replacement

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Orion 2800 Rotator Cable Replacement
From: Jim Brown <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Tue, 10 Dec 2019 18:03:33 -0800
On 12/10/2019 4:46 PM, jimlux wrote:
When Jim does his "hook it to the bumper and pull til failure", I'm going to guess that it fails at the end, not in the middle.

Yep. Usually NEAR one end but rarely AT the end. Our immovable object is usally a big redwood, but I've also used a telephone pole. W6GJB, who does the rigging and the pulling, is quite particular about minimizing those high stress points and pulling very slowly with his pickup. Glen is an ME/Aero E retired from the space program.

73, Jim K9YC