Re: [TowerTalk] Which Vertical is More Robust ?

To: Gedas <w8bya@mchsi.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Which Vertical is More Robust ?
From: Ignacy Misztal <no9e@arrl.net>
Date: Wed, 1 Jan 2020 12:24:28 -0500
The difference on signal strength between a large pipe as and 18 ga wire is
likely a fraction of a db. So the design of the pole  is for stability and
ease of  erection not performance. The performance will be determined by
the ground system.

A very good choice for experimentation is spiderbeam 40ft pole. Seems to
last forever when attached at the bottom by bungee cords, without guys.
Costs a bit over $100.

I am using it now at a beach side on FL to support a 40 vertical and 160m
inv L. No problem despite high winds and the performance is excellent - due
to salt water.

Ignacy, NO9E