Re: [TowerTalk] Which Vertical is More Robust ?

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Which Vertical is More Robust ?
From: jimlux <jimlux@earthlink.net>
Date: Wed, 1 Jan 2020 12:04:09 -0800
On 1/1/20 9:54 AM, Gedas wrote:
Hi Rick es HNY !

TU for that advice. I need to look up the weight of the heavier duty fence pipe. As these are going to be elevated verticals which I "pivot" into place by myself I need to look at what the total weight will be. I have about 8' of 6x6 set in the ground then use a wooden frame that cradles around the 6x6 and pivots the verticals into place. Kinda hard to explain but it will put the feedpoint at around 10' off the ground, then of course the length of the vertical. So I should be able to walk it up into place. Will check it out TU.

Think about a temporary falling derrick erection mechanism. with the antenna laying flat, you stick a piece of pipe on a spud that is vertical. If you start the antenna up by walking it a bit, prop it on a ladder, then go over and pull down the derrick pole.