Re: [TowerTalk] lightning surge suppressor for ethernet run to outbuildi

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] lightning surge suppressor for ethernet run to outbuilding
From: jimlux <jimlux@earthlink.net>
Date: Wed, 1 Jan 2020 12:12:40 -0800
On 1/1/20 10:53 AM, Jeff Blaine wrote:
Wanted to see if there were some recommendations on a solid surge suppressor I could hang on each end of a 300' run of ethernet that goes between the shack and the outbuilding?

Go fiber.

Check out fs.com or l-com.com and similar "media converters"
They run about $30-40 for each end of the link.

Then you'll need to get 300 ft/100m of duplex fiber.

That will run you about $50.

I'm sure there are surplus sources that are cheaper.

There are a number of things advertised on ebay but no idea if they have "real" guts or what...

73/jeff/ac0c
alpha-charlie-zero-charlie
www.ac0c.com