[TowerTalk] FT-8 Contest would be great for Topband

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] FT-8 Contest would be great for Topband
From: "Jim Thomson" <jim.thom@telus.net>
Date: Fri, 10 Jan 2020 17:04:56 -0800
Date: Fri, 10 Jan 2020 14:38:03 -0400
From: Herbert Schoenbohm <herbert.schoenbohm@gmail.com>
To: TopBand List <topband@contesting.com>,
topband-owner@contesting.com
Subject: Topband: FT-8 Contest would be great for Topband

<I know the purists will flame me for this but look at the
<frequency conservation this would present and look at the activity
<statistics for only the past couple of hours,

<AIf the contest was designed well sub-channels could be recommended for the
<various continents as Stew Perry use to urge for intercontinental QSO's
<from 1825-1830.

<Here are the amazing stats for only two hours.

##  I  thought  there  was a contest  version  of  FT-8  coming
out  soon ?   I  forget  what  it  was to  be  labeled  as.

## Herb  may  already have  it  on  his  list ?

##  The  hardcore  CW  ops  are  already  sorta  cheating,  using
250-125-60  hz  wide  CW  filters.   Try  operating  160m   SSB
mode,  then  get  back  to  us.

Jim  VE7RF