Re: [TowerTalk] Ameritron RSV5 Relay

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Ameritron RSV5 Relay
From: jimlux <jimlux@earthlink.net>
Date: Thu, 16 Jan 2020 17:32:54 -0800
On 1/16/20 5:23 PM, Wayne Kline wrote:
TT’ers

I too ka lightning hit and my Ameritron RSV 5  the older  straight line SO-239
design   The are the DPDT open frame type relays
The only visible info is  on the coil top  12VDC   99K  RSC0

You might be able to buy replacements from MFJ. They're a custom design with what they call "Form X" contact style, built on a DPDT frame, with the two moving contacts barred together, so it's really more of a SPDT functionally. (Technically that's a Form Z contact.. A Form X is a SPST with two sets of contacts in series.)

There's a ton of info in the TT archives on relay models and testing.