Re: [TowerTalk] Ameritron RSV5 Relay

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Ameritron RSV5 Relay
From: "N8GLS" <n8gls@arrl.net>
Date: Thu, 16 Jan 2020 23:05:47 -0500
Wayne,

In 2018 I found the OEM of the original relays.  I have an RCS-8V and bought
a replacement relay (p/n X99KP 12Vdc SPDT open style relay), I believe yours
maybe the same or similar, regardless, the company listed below manufactured
all the relays for Ameritron back in the day.  Give them a call, ask for
Joanne, she asked me the manufacturer of the product I needed the relay for,
when I told her Ameritron she immediately started down a detailed history
lesson on them and the relays they made for them......impressive to say the
least.  I hope she is still around, a great person for sure !!

They didn't stock them at the time and were made-to-order, so if they still
make them you may have to wait a few weeks.

Relay Service Company
1300 N. Pulaski Rd, Chicago, IL 60651
773-252-2700

Website still up at http://relayservicesmfg.com

Good Luck !!

73 de Brad, N8GLS
ARRL Life Member
Member of NODXA (Northern Ohio DX Association)
Member of LCARA (Lake County Amateur Radio Association)