Re: [TowerTalk] PL-259 Reducer Question

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] PL-259 Reducer Question
From: john@kk9a.com
Date: Sat, 25 Jan 2020 17:14:12 -0600
If you use Amphenol connectors (and in my opinion you should) the description will indicate what coax the reducers are designed for.

John KK9A

john ac4ca wrote:

I'm replacing the PL-259 & "reducer" on a GAP Voyager. I'm out of PL-259s
and need to order more. I want to make sure I get the correct reducer.
Memory tells me there are two size reducers, each accommodating different
size RG-58 or RG-59, I assume. The GAP uses a rebranded "yellow" coax with a
diameter of ~.25" or ~6.2mm measured with  my inexpensive Husky caliper.
Checking the reducers I have on hand, the ones with the larger hole fit the
GAP coax. It begs the question, though, what are the appropriate reducer
sizes for the various smaller cables, 58/59/8X/6, etc? Why are there two
sizes and how can I make sure to order the correct reducers for the
appropriate coax in the future? John/AC4CA