[TowerTalk] ICE 419B schematic, component values and replacement part nu

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] ICE 419B schematic, component values and replacement part numbers
From: w5wz@w5wz.com
Date: Sun, 26 Jan 2020 19:35:24 -0600
The 15 meter section of one of my ICE 419B units failed during 2020 January NAQP SSB. I began searching for a schematic, or a list of part numbers, or a list of part values. My search was mostly in vain. I did however find a thread here on TowerTalk from July 2011 with good discussion about the unit and probable causes of failure. Tony N2TK "sniff and look" troubleshooting technique quickly led to the single burned and discolored capacitor. Mark K5ER provided me a copy of an ICE document listing design values.

With all that in hand, I created a reference sheet with the component values and replacement part numbers to assist me. Mouser did not have correct capacitor values for the resonating section of 40 and 80 meters, so I left that blank.

I'm sharing the reference sheet here as a resource to the group.

http://w5wz.com/files/ICE_bandpass/ICE_419_parts.pdf

I hope this can help someone else.

--Scott, W5WZ